延展高三返校复课通知

2021年9月28日

致:全体学生及家长

延展高三返校复课通知

本校针对高三生进行了的返校复课问卷调查,在此感谢学生及家长的配合,让我们能掌握您们的意愿,并提供了我们重要的参考依据。

根据问卷的调查结果,有70%的家长认为疫情严重,不赞同于10月3日返校复课;有30%的家长则是赞同的。

本校经过慎重的考量,在衡量其中利弊后,决定暂缓高三返校复课。其原因如下:
1. 学生的健康是我们的首要考量,而截至9月26日,金宝县的本地活跃病例有865宗,而本校的学生有部分还是来自金宝县以外的县市的,若返校复课大家就必须跨县,流动率的提高,也增加了学生感染的风险。

2. 我们能理解30%家长希望复课的心情,的确实体课教育能让学生获得更多的关注,而按照教育部的安排,学生将分成两批,即实体及居家轮流上课。不过碍于本校资源有限,老师无法兼顾两者,也就是说居家学习的学生也必须比以往自律,按照老师安排的课业自行复习。同时每个星期的实体与居家的模式转换,学生在一个月内也只会有两个星期实体课的机会,而这也会影响教学进度。再者年底的高中统考已迫在眉睫,而这轮流模式还需要学生花时间去适应,故此本校认为这对学生实体学习帮助不大。

11月高三返校毕业预考计划
目前本校高三生已有84%的学生接种了至少一剂疫苗,至于另外的16%,本校提供了资讯,鼓励学生配合政府的接种计划尽快接种。待11月时,校方会在针对当时的情况再做考量,希望能在相对安全的情况下,让高三生返校进行毕业预考,好让学生能应对之后的高中统考。如若计划返校,本校也会严格进行防疫,以确保高三生能在一个安全的环境下进行考试。

初一至高二的网课计划
基于疫情仍旧严重,本校为了学生们的健康与安全,决定初一至高二将继续网课,直到疫情缓和且得到政府的指示后,本校才会考量让他们复课。本校希望学生在经历了一整年的网课后,能养成自律自主的学习能力,保持学习的热忱。

最后祝愿培元生学习顺利、身体健康,记得要保持愉悦的心情面对未来的生活。谢谢。

校长室 启

 

 

28 September 2021

To: All students and parents

Notice on Extension of Online Learning for Senior 3 Students
Our school had conducted a survey in regards to resuming physical classes at school for Senior 3 students. Thank you for the cooperation from both students and parents which enable us to obtain valuable opinions.


According to the results of the survey, 70% of the parents think that the pandemic is serious and do not agree to return to school on 3 October, while 30% of the parents agree.
After weighing the pros and cons and with careful consideration, our school has decided to postpone the reopening of school for the Senior 3 students.

The reasons are as follow:
1. The health of the students is our primary concern. As on 26 September, there are 865 active local cases in Kampar, and some of our students reside outside of Kampar area. If we were to return to school and resume classes, it is necessary to cross districts, and this increases traffic and thus increases the risk of infection among students.

2. We do understand the feelings of the 30% of parents wishing to resume classes. It is true that physical education can give students more attention. According to the arrangement of the Ministry of Education, students will be divided into two groups, namely physical and home-based classes. However, due to the limited resources of the school, teachers are not able to manage both methods. In other words, students studying at home must also be more self-disciplined than before and do revision by themselves in accordance with the tasks arranged by the teachers. At the same time, each week's physical and home-based model changes, and students will only have two weeks of physical lessons within a month, which will also affect the teaching progress. In addition, the UEC exam at the end of the year is fast approaching, and this rotation mode requires students to take time to adapt. Therefore, our school thinks that this is not very helpful to students' physical learning.

Plans for Senior 3 to Return to School for UEC Trial Exams
At present, 84% of our senior 3 students have received at least one dose of the vaccine. As for the other 16%, our school has provided information to encourage students to vaccinate as soon as possible in accordance with the government's vaccination plan. In November, the school will reconsider the situation at that time, hoping to allow senior 3 students to return to school for UEC Trial under relatively safe circumstances, so that students can cope with the exams. If we plan to return to school, our school will also implement strict pandemic prevention measures to ensure that senior 3 students can take the exam in a safe environment.

Online lesson plans for Junior 1 to Senior 2 students
Due to the seriousness of the pandemic situation, for the health and safety of the students, the school has decided to continue online classes for Junior 1 to senior 2 students. The school will not consider to allow them to resume physical classes until the pandemic has eased and the government has given instructions. Our school hopes that after a whole year of online classes, students can develop self-discipline and the ability to conduct independent learning and to maintain their enthusiasm for learning.

Finally, I wish that the students of Pei Yuan High School will continue to study smoothly and be healthy, and remember to keep a positive attitude towards the future.

Thank you
Principal's Office